How much does teeth braces cost in Ethiopia ?
Dental braces prices in Addis Ababa vary from a clinic to another and from a patient to another (according to their initial teeth condition).
In general, teeth braces prices in Ethiopia starts from Br35.000-Br40.000.
For an accurate quote, tailored to your case, call us now
Are you looking for a treatment to align and straighten your teeth in Ethiopia ? Teeth braces might be suitable for you. Braces are orthodontics devices we use in our dental clinic in Addis Ababa to correct misaligned teeth and better position them.
What are teeth braces ?
Also called orthodontic cases, dental braces or simply braces, teeth braces are orthodontics treatments used by dentists to align and position teeth in cases of malocclusions (teeth misalignment on the jaws).
They also contribute to better dental health because once teeth are realigned, they become easier to clean as well as the gums, so the risks of oral infections like tooth decay, gum disease or tooth loss is greatly reduced.
When are dental braces needed ?
Orthodontists use braces to shape and correct teeth malalignments problems such as : overbites, underbites, cross bites, deep bites, open bites, crowding, teeth gaps, crooked teeth, jaw pain and jaw flaws, Speaking, chewing or biting problems and more…
Dental braces are considered part of orthodontic dentistry and also cosmetic dentistry.
Braces for children
Dental braces are also used to treat kids who develop teeth eruption out of normal position, upper incisor teeth protrusion or even mouth breathing due to habits like finger sucking especially thumb sucking.
Call our dental clinic to schedule a first consultation and see if you need braces
How does braces work ?
Braces align teeth by exerting a force that moves them to the desired position.
They are made up of 4 main elements which are :
- Brackets : Small metal devices strongly attached to the teeth. They act like handles that grab and move the teeth.
- Bonding adhesive : It is the dental cement used to bond or hold the brackets on the teeth.
- Arch Wire : Is the metallic wire that exerts the force needed for the teeth positioning
- O-ring : They are the elastic ligatures used to attach the archwire on the brackets.
These elements form a system that exerts a constant pressure on the teeth. Overtime, the teeth movement pushes them slowly in the required position.
This pressure may also weaken with time, that’s the reason for the periodic visit at the dentist to strengthen the braces and keep the corrective effect.
Types of braces (orthodontic cases) available in Ethiopia
The most common orthodontic cases used in the dentistry are the traditional metal wired braces, ceramic braces, lingual braces, and clear aligners.
There are also some uncommon ones like gold-plated braces and Titanium braces but these are expensive and luxury versions for people who can afford it and who want more “aesthetic” braces.
Traditional metal wired braces
Traditional metal braces
They are made with stainless-steel and sometimes in combination with titanium. Often silver colored with elastic ties of various colors on demand, they are affordable and very effective.
Fixed, small and comfortable, metal braces are convenient for children as well as adults.
- Affordable and efficient braces
- Appointment every 1-2 months (good for busy people)
- Fixed and does not remove easily (perfect for children)
- For people interested in coloured braces (funny and stylish)
- Metal braces are difficult to brush and floss
- Non-discreet braces (noticeable silver-coloured)
Similar to metal braces, self-ligating braces are also made in stainless steel but can also be made of ceramic material like ceramic braces.
The main difference between self-ligating braces and stainless-steel braces or ceramic braces is that self-ligating braces use clips or doors instead of elastic rubber to attach the archwire to brackets.
- More comfortable than traditional metal braces
- Faster adjustments times at the dental clinic (for busier people)
- Less pain on the teeth
- Faster orthodontic treatment time
Ceramic Braces are orthodontic cases made of clear and tooth colored ceramic materials. They straighten and align teeth as well as metal braces but are for people looking for more discreet braces.
- Less noticeable than metal and Self-ligating braces
- Affordable alternative to stainless-steel braces
- Brackets slightly larger than traditional metal braces
- Can stain or become yellowed over time because diet and bad oral hygiene habits
Lingual braces are placed behind the teeth, unlike traditional braces placed in front of the teeth. It is their main particularity. They are less common because they are custom-made braces so they require specialized orthodontists to place them. Therefore, lingual braces are more expensive.
- Lingual braces are completely Invisible from outside (extremely discrete)
- Can be more effective than traditional braces because they can be fully customized and used for complex orthodontic needs
- Can slightly affect the speech (during the first weeks)
- Because lingual braces are behind the teeth, some people can experience irritation to their tongue (also during first weeks)
However, these feelings of discomfort disappear as your mouth becomes used to the new devices.
Clear aligners also known as invisalign, are clear, transparent and removable teeth alignment devices that are really popular in this 20th century.
Since clear aligners are as effective as traditional braces for mild to moderate teeth alignment problems, people prefer them to stainless-steel braces for their cosmetic and effectiveness advantages.
- Very discrete( clear and transparent )
- Permit easier oral care (Removable, they permit easy teeth brushing and floss)
- More effective than braces in some special cases
- Shorter and less frequent appointments in some cases
- Have significant limitations for severe cases of teeth misalignment
- Not advised for children cause they require constant care
First, the licensed dentist in orthodontics will consult you and inspect your teeth visually to determine if braces are an appropriate orthodontic treatment for you.
Next, if braces are suitable treatment for your case, the orthodontist will set an appointment for deeper examinations and analysis such as oral radiography, digital x-ray, molds and impressions.
Afterwards, the dental professional uses a computer automated system to simulate the brace effects on your teeth structure and ensure that the selected treatment will give expected results. Once the results are out and positive, the doctor proceeds with the teeth braces fitting.
Duration of the orthodontic treatment
Depending on the complexity of the malocclusion, the braces treatment duration can vary from 6 months to 30 months.
Dental problems like severe teeth malalignments, large overbite, or underbites and jaw alignment problems usually take longer to correct than moderate teeth displacement.
Contact us now. Our dental clinic in Addis Ababa can provide you with more information at your free initial examination and affordable orthodontic braces treatment.